It was around this time I also joined Pinterest (worst decision I ever made-seriously ADDICTED) and I noticed a few I liked in the DIY craft section. Finally, after the last straw I had with my cute little scarecrow falling off the table, I hopped in my car and headed to AC Moore. Thanks to it's a crafty life, I was able to create the cutest key holder that met both my style and his budget :) with my 50% coupon I only spent $6.00. Yes, you read that correctly SIX BUCKS!
- Unfinished photo frame
- Acrylic paint
- Mug hooks
- Also, a picture design. I made mine on Picnik.com with scrapbook paper as the background picture
- Paint your unfinished photo frame desired color. I have a hard time finding my favorite brown, it's a dark dark brown close to espresso. So I mixed chocolate brown and black to achieve my dark brown.
- While your paint is drying, create and print out your picture. Choose what moves you!
- Once frame has dried, pre-drill 3 holes at the bottom of your frame for the hooks
- Screw hooks in the holes and place in picture
- hang up, duh
I wish I had taken step by step pictures, but I didn't plan on doing this blog. I just got bored from studying and decided to post ;)
and here it is
I plan on doing more DIY with the holidays coming up. Most of my Christmas gifts will be personal ones I've slaved over and made :) Post soon!