Monday, May 30, 2011

Practice makes perfect

I continued my little savings spree back at walgreens today. And the husband tagged along! We got more gum, dish soap, and Kleenex. The second trip was planned after he used almost an entire box this morning after his lack of seeing a doctor. I even splurged a little and got more Excedrin because I had a peely, manf coupon, and WAG in ad coupon. So I got 2 bottles of 125 count for $9.98. We then went to Publix where my little savings heart was crushed. No coupons yesterday and I didn't have any useful ones except for .55 off bread. I was hoping they would double it up to a dollar..but nope. Coupon can't exceed .50 in order for it to e doubled at my Publix. I give myself a few more months and I'll be saving in the grocery store. Practice makes perfect.

Robert and I decided to go fishing at our favorite spot later. We haven't been together in awhile, so I was impressed to see how well he has got. He has his favorite worms and craw fish spray, and let me tell you this boy can hook 'em. And well, I just sit there. Cast it, reel it in, and nothing. Except a turtle. Usually, I get frustrated to the point it motivates me, but not today. I sat back and watched my husband's perfection. Practice makes perfect.



Three hours later, he was the one frustrated. No more fish were biting but they sure were jumping. I had to remind him that you don't always get everything! I even referenced my big savings at Walgreens and heart break at Publix. He got the picture :) I'm enjoying everything about marriage. Doing all these fun things together reminds me what brought us together in the first place. It doesn't matter what we do, as long as we're together.


Lastly, Happy Memorial Day. Remember them ALL, but not just today. God BLESS America and all the men and women who fight for it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...